A lot of the older Android phones with old Android OS needed either root access, the Android SDK, or some other App to take screen shots. Even some of the new phones coming out don’t have a native option to take screen shots. Luckily, that seems to be changing.
I’m not sure at which Android OS it started with, but some Android phones can take screen shots these days with the press of a few buttons. Too bad it’s not the same process on every phone. These generally will work and you might have to fool around to get the timing of pressing the buttons correct. Here are ones I know about:
- Samsung Galaxy S2 – Hold down the Home + Lock button
- Samsung Galaxy S – Hold down the Back + Home button
- Samsung Fascinate – Hold down the Back + Power button
- HTC Sensation – Hold down the Power + Home button
- HTC Evo 3d – Hold down the Power + Home button
- MyTouch 4G – Hold down the Power + Home button
- T-Mobile G2X – Hold down the Power + Home button
- HTC Amaze – Hold down the Power + Home button
Please add your experience capturing screen shots without the use of SDK’s or Apps in the comments section and I’ll add it to this page.