“Mark on Call” is a fantastic iPhone app that has been created for both interior designers and consumers. The app allows you to plan out both designs and spaces within your home and you even have the option to add custom skins to furniture, floors and countertops around your home. This should give you a great idea of what designs will or will not work for you.
Mark on Call
The app was created by Mark Lewison specifically for design professionals and their clients. It helps you to plan out the different designs you would want in your home, as well as previewing what they will look like. You have the ability to be completely organised and also to work to a budget. The app is actually based on Lewison’s home decorating book – What Would you do With This Room? – which also happens to be available via the App store.
- You can create visual plans of your home within a matter of seconds.
- There is a space programming checklist, which can help to open up your home to you even more than it currently is.
- You can publish, transfer and backup any designs you have created to any number of devices. This is also a great way to share information with friends and family and design professionals.
- You can customise the space within your home and even add items of furniture that you would like to furnish any particular room with.
- You have the ability to take photos of flooring, rugs, fabrics, stone, marble and other finishes and then “skin” these onto any items or finishes in your home to see exactly what they would look like.
- You can access the PALETTE feature, which provides many different wood and stone finishes, as well as a vast array of colour schemes.
- There is a measuring tool which allows you to easily measure between two points.
- You can make shopping lists and inventories of items that you will require for your new design.
- There is a room checkout feature known as “The Ten Commandments of Interior Design.
- You have the ability to download various room designs from other users.
- You can add background colours to see what a new painted or wallpapered wall would look like.
The app is available for $2.99 from the Productivity category of the iTunes store. It is compatible with the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and even has an HD feature for the iPad. You will require an operating system of iOS 4.3 or later and the app is fully optimised for the iPhone 5. Any designs you try out will automatically be saved to the app, thus making it far easier to find a favourite design.
The app has received varying reviews, but it is seen as a great time and money saver for professional interior designers and their clients as well. You actually have the opportunity to realise your vision of a new beautiful home with a few simple clicks of your smartphone or tablet.
Today’s feature contributor, Steve Broad, is a marble products dealer and a passionate blogger. He has worked for Love Marble and Stone Restoration, a marble cleaning company, to provide his clients with the best looking marble floors. He is also a technophile and has a great interest in the latest gadgets.