1. What is the name of your app?
The name of my app is Statistexts.
2. What is the download link for your app and how much does it cost?
The app can be found for free on the Play Store at the following address: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.valentech.statistexts&hl=en
3. Who is the developer?
It was developed by Valentech Software, currently a one-man operation consisting of a bored (and broke) college student.
4. What is the website, facebook, twitter, or any other link for the developer?
The developer, JD Porterfield, can be reached at email@example.com or contacted by the various means listed on his personal website: http://jdvp.github.io
5. What does your app do? Please describe the best features of your app.
So what does Statistexts do?
Statistexts is an app that allows users to analyze their text messages to see various statistics about their friends’ texting habits. For instance, the app calculates the average response time, level of positivity, and level of verboseness (among other statistics) for all of your friends. You can sort by any of the metrics so you can see who is the best (or worst) in any category. Further, you can see all of the statistics and graphs for any individual contact.
6. What makes your app different from similar apps?
As far as I know, the app is the first of its kind.
7. Who does your app target?
The target audience is anyone that texts a lot and is interested in knowing who replies to their texts the fastest or how many times their best friend has said ‘lol’ in conversations with them (for example).
8. Where did you get the idea for your app?
The idea for my app came about one day when I was worried that my girlfriend was the slowest responder of all time. I then wondered if there were any apps that could tell me how fast people responded to my messages. When I couldn’t find any, I vowed to work on creating one as soon as I had learned a little Android.
9. How have you marketed your app?
The only way I have marketed my app is through word of mouth and the creation of a project website(http://jdvp.github.io/Statistexts).
10. Include screen shots or video from your app
More information about the specifics of the app and screenshots can be found at the project website!